[PD] Gem on Arch Linux (was: Gem / [pix_movie] trouble: "no movie decoding backends found")

Carlos Franke carlos_franke at posteo.de
Tue Feb 12 19:34:47 CET 2019

> > I'm going to
> > see if I can package Gem for Arch.
>
> That would be cool! I just gave it a shot:

Me too. I was able to compile Gem 0.94_pre1 without much hassle
(./autogen; configure; make), even already wrote a preliminary
PKGBUILD (attached). Alas, something is apparently wrong with the build:
When I start Pd with Gem (pd -path /usr/lib/pd/Extra/ -lib Gem), I get
the error message:

  /usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem/Gem.pd_linux: /usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem/Gem.pd_linux:
  undefined symbol: _Z25dispatchGemWindowMessagesR10WindowInfo

... and cannot create any Gem objects.

There are two old gem PKGBUILDS archived from AUR3. I'm not sure how
useful they are:
https://github.com/aur-archive/pd-gem/blob/master/PKGBUILD
https://github.com/aur-archive/pd-gem-git/blob/master/PKGBUILD