[PD] help making a GUI object visible in GOP (cyclone/comment)

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 13 16:56:30 CET 2019

I think Simon was saying that he external was not included in the "Attach" of the "test patch" you send a couple of messages back in this thread.

:)

On 2/13/2019 12:40 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
I can only assume you're trying to load this object in purr data, if so, I have to say:

- This is not the pd-l2ork/purr data list :)
- All GUI objects in Purr Data had to be rewritten as it uses a different programming language. So no GUI object written for Pure Data in tcl/tk works in Purr Data. Not only that, but other objects that are seemingly not a GUI (that is, they're a regular object box) may use tcl/tk and won't work in Purr either.
- Purr Data ported many (about most) of Pd Extended's objects, but they did not port [comment], so it isn't included, and this is why I'm assuming you tried this there. There are other objects from cyclone that haven't been fully ported either as they use tcl/tk. Moreover, cyclone is outdated in Purr Data, so any developments and code from my repository in the last 3 years are not part of Purr Data. And again, even if it was the case that this had been ported and updated in Purr, it uses a different language, so it wouldn't be the case.

Other than that, if you're in Vanilla or Extended, I can't think of anything in this universe that would explain why you have cyclone with [comment] not included but other with objects working...

cheers