[PD] Issue compiling pure data on Fedora

William Binta william.binta at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 07:16:10 CET 2019

Hi list,

I'm new to Linux and particullary to the Fedora distribution. But as some
people, I failed at installing the last build (0.49) on Fedora 29.
My installation configuration was= ./configure --enable-jack --enable-fftw
--enable-universal=x86_64 --disable-oss --without-local-portaudio
I precisely followed the steps on the INSTALL.txt, installed every thing
necessary mentioned for a successful compilation but yet, my pure-data
installation doesn't detects any audio devices. I get the "priority 92
scheduling failed; running at normal priority" on the pd console and
"priority 94 scheduling failed" error message on the terminal.
Even though I enabled jack on the "configure" step and put the -jack flag,
I read on the terminal that pure-data was not build with JACK.
I'm available to send any particular infos.

Someone on the Facebook group said that Miller Puckette himself uses
Fedora...
cheers,

in hope to get some help

William