[PD] Issue compiling pure data on Fedora

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 18:42:35 CET 2019

Also, you don't need to set any of the configure flags explicitly any more. Assuming you have the correct development headers installed, running the following will give you a default build like Miller's:

./configure

In fact, running just ./configure will also print out the detected audio backends and warn you if it doesn't find some things. This has been true since the auto tools update was merged around 0.47.

> On Feb 15, 2019, at 10:30 AM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 10:30:07 +0100
> From: IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at <mailto:zmoelnig at iem.at>>
> To: pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>
> Subject: Re: [PD] Issue compiling pure data on Fedora
>
> On 2/15/19 7:16 AM, William Binta wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I'm new to Linux and particullary to the Fedora distribution. But as some
>> people, I failed at installing the last build (0.49) on Fedora 29.
>> I precisely followed the steps on the INSTALL.txt, installed every thing
>> necessary mentioned for a successful compilation but yet, my pure-data
>> installation doesn't detects any audio devices. I get the "priority 92
>> scheduling failed; running at normal priority" on the pd console and
>> "priority 94 scheduling failed" error message on the terminal.
>> Even though I enabled jack on the "configure" step and put the -jack flag,
>> I read on the terminal that pure-data was not build with JACK.
>

> you must install the headers for ALSA and JACK prior to running
> ./configure, if you want to use them.
> something like:
>
> # yum install jack-audio-connection-kit-devel alsa-devel
>
> also:
>> My installation configuration was= ./configure --enable-jack
> --enable-fftw --enable-universal=x86_64 --disable-oss
> --without-local-portaudio
>
> "--enable-universal" sounds very much like a OSX flag (i just checked
> the INSTALL.txt, and it can indeed be read to suggest this flag)
>
> why did you add the "--without-local-portaudio" flag?
>
> fgdsar
> IOhannes

--------
Dan Wilcox