[PD] non-socket (88)

michael strohmann itsnotfair9 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 09:23:34 CET 2019

i am sending OSC messages with [netsend -u -b]

there is obviously an issue with [netsend] closing the socket if nobody is listening.
which it should not do in UDP mode.
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/373 <https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/373>

but this:

netsend: Socket operation on non-socket (88)

is lethal to my patch. immediate freeze
unfortunatly it occurs quite often.

i also know next to nothing about Sockets
is it a pd problem or does it stem from the os (unix jessie in my case, on raspberry) ???

also due to Christof Ressi:
I can confirm that both [iemnet/udpsend] [mrpeach/udpsend] (from Pd extended) close the socket on Linux but only [mrpeach/udpsend] gives a warning and sends a 0. I'll do a bug report.

in the meantime, are there any options to send osc via udp regardless of the existance of a receiver?

cheers!
michael