[PD] non-socket (88)

michael strohmann itsnotfair9 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 17:14:03 CET 2019

i was trying [iemnet/udpsend] - looked promising for an hour!
but then:
iemnet: socket-shutdown: Transport endpoint is not connected
this was printed not to console but to the terminal several times before it switched to
watchdog: signaling pd….
at which point pd was gone.

as for the workaround:
“catching the 0 message” does not work for me since neither [iemnet/udpsend] nor [netsend -u -b] acknoledge that their connection is lost.
it acknoledges if the network itself is down…like, if there is no WLAN reachable...
but one can issue arbitrary IP addresses, and the obejct will tell you it established connection.
i guess this is consistend with the UDP protocol