[PD] Query if Pd is in Edit mode for a GUI

Liam Goodacre liamg_uw at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 26 06:53:11 CET 2019

My guess is that the message stream that [receivecanvas] taps into would let you listen to the edit-mode state changes, but not query its state. But you should be able to simulate a query by applying the following logic:

--When a patch is opened, assume that edit mode is on (is this a safe assumption to make??)
--When you hear a message "editmode 0", assume edit mode is turned off.
--When you hear "editmode 1", assume it is turned on.