[PD] instances for control and audio

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Mon Mar 4 19:19:41 CET 2019

That's correct -

two Pds connected with netsend (etc) don't run in sync.  They migth drift
slowly in time, and if one of them runs late they might get far off sync.

the pd~ object is hard-synced - if one of the Pds runs late the other one
waits for it.  BUT you can specify the fifo length between them so that one
can run ahead of the other by a fixed amount.

There should be an option to od~ to allowsofter syncing strategies, but I
haven't figured out a good design yet (as with several other things I'm afraid :)