[PD] [PD-announce] Purr-Data Google Summer of Code opportunity

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 6 21:43:06 CET 2019

> On Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:32:12 PM EST, Chuckk Hubbard <badmuthahubbard at gmail.com> wrote:
 > Re: GSoC for Purr Data, I just want to say> 1. That's great news! Congratulations!> 2. I saw the list, and while I'm sure some internal improvements would be good, for me, plugin integration would make a huge difference.
Hi Chuckk,
There's currently a fairly general project idea regarding plugin APIs. If you'd like to amend that one or add a new project
idea, please make a merge request here:
https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/summer-of-code-ideas-list
If you add a new one I'd suggest keeping it fairly concise. That way the students will flesh out more of
the details in their proposals.
The way GSoC works is that the students choose which project ideas they want to work on. (Or suggest their
own.) Then they submit an application. Adding this idea to the list will increase the likelihood that someone
chooses it. You can also try to seek out a student with the skills to complete it and persuade them to apply.
-Jonathan