[PD] Gem 0.94 on Mac OS X

Federico Camara Halac camarafede at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 22:03:20 CET 2019

macos Mojave
10.14.2 (18C54)

 re: the macoswindow:

error: [gemmacoswindow]: failed to init GLEW: your system only supports
openGL-1.0

verbose(4): ... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.

error: [gemmacoswindow]: unable to switch to current window (do you have
one?), cannot render!

re: cocoawindow:

objc[22972]: Class GemCocoaView is implemented in both
/usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem/gemmacoswindow.pd_darwin (0x107ffc5c8) and
/usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem/gemcocoawindow.pd_darwin (0x1090665b8). One of
the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

error: [gemcocoawindow]: failed to init GLEW: your system only supports
openGL-1.0

error: [gemcocoawindow]: unable to switch to current window (do you have
one?), cannot render!

> --without-imagemagick

> why do you need this?

> again: weird because building against both ftgl & imagemagick (installed
> via "brew") is tested by our CI, without any problem.
> again: i suspect that your setup is somewhat broken.

I had the same issue here, and had to disable imagemagick, as in
https://github.com/umlaeute/Gem/issues/211