[PD] chronometer + metronome that syncs multiple Android/iOS devices over network?

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Thu Mar 7 02:55:36 CET 2019

On 7/3/19 5:17 am, enrike wrote:> there are some issues I need to check yet

One thing that would make SyncJams more reliable is if I removed the
elaborate state-sync feature. Alas I succumbed to the typical programmer
scope-creep and tried to throw the whole kitchen sink into the protocol.
What I should have done, and what I hope to work on in future, is to
keep a very tight focus on clock sync. This would reduce the amount of
traffic on the network to a single UDP packet per tick.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
https://mccormick.cx/

Sign up to my newsletter to hear about tech I'm building.
https://mccormick.cx/subscribe