[PD] bug in wrap~?

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 7 11:16:27 CET 2019

Hi,

The "test patch" gives me 0 and 0 as expected.

Windows 8.1

Pd 0.49-0 (32bit and 64bit)

On 3/7/2019 6:53 AM, Orm Finnendahl wrote:

Hi,

 today I encountered something which seems to be a bug in wrap~
(pd-0.49.0) on my architecture. The attached patch shows that wrap~
ist outputting a 1 instead of the expected 0 when inputting the
division of 880 by 220. Inputting the value 4 with sig~ to wrap~
doesn't cause this, so I assume the result of the division is
represented differently internally. This is on 64 bit Linux.

The pd sources contain two versions of wrap_tilde_perform with a
comment that a similar bug had occured in a previous version before
and been fixed but somehow it doesn't seem to be resolved completely.

Does anybody have/know a fix? It is pretty important in my code as
this causes all kinds of strange behaviour in my dsp calculations.

Maybe people on other systems/architectures could also check if it
appears on their machines as well and report back.

--
Orm