[PD] PD as VST plugin, legal side (was Purr-Data Google Summer of Code opportunity)

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 23:49:01 CET 2019

You got me. When I saw "You will be," I was expecting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPOb3DlB7WA
Which applies to VST3 regarding both "confused" and "afraid".
Soap was one of the best shows ever made.

I'm trying to work through Steinberg's licensing explanations. It looks
like all they have control over is distributing code from the SDK or
binaries compiled with it. That would make it seem like it's not my problem.
I'm even thinking of using libpd to access this external. I'm not touching
Steinberg's SDK, only linking to an existing binary made by someone else.
Anyone know more about this aspect?

http://www.badmuthahubbard.com