[PD] status of leap motion controller in Pd, especially on Linux?

João Pais jmmmpais at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 13:32:37 CET 2019

Hi,

some time ago I commissioned Chikashi to update the external to the newest
leapmotion sdk, as there were lots of advantages compared to the 1st
version. The sdk chosen was v2, because the 3rd one is more oriented for
virtual reality, which seems to be the main focus of the leap these days,
but doesn't interest me.

Since I use windows, I only commisioned a windows external. But the code
is there, anyone is encouraged to compile it for other plattforms. I guess
Chikashi should be able to give more advice on that, in case the code
isn't clear.

Best,

Joao