[PD] swallow the first bit of audiofile

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Mar 9 22:49:24 CET 2019

On 3/9/19 9:46 PM, michael strohmann wrote:
> i would have expected that it would probably take longer to look for and read the sound file but not that the playback does not start at the beginning.

well, we really only know what is happening from what you tell us what
you are observing.
e.g. it is unclear whether the entire audio engine stalls (e.g. other
sounds that are supposed to play back at the same time stutter as well),
or whether the 0.5 seconds are just skipped.

> i was unsing a 2sec delay between [open soundfile.wav( and [start(  would it help to delay even longer???

not without also raising the buffer-size for [readsf~].

> unfortunately the raspberry has limited RAM….

well, since i have no clue how many audio files you want to play back
(and how large they are), it is hard to suggest anything meaningful.

gfdsra
IOhannes