[PD] Pd as a plugin: concept shift with JACK freewheel

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 12 11:10:47 CET 2019

On 3/12/2019 6:11 AM, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
> TL:DR: better use a modular JACK (freewheel) approach compared to more
> 'static' Pd as a plugin approach.

For more than a decade I've been totally happy with pdvst~. Having the
ability to integrate Pd to a DAW channel has been totally productive to
my music. Also integration of automation parameters from the DAW to the
patch is very valuable.

I guess is totally possible to do a pdladspa~ (or any other open source
audio plug-in protocol). As far as I know Pdvst~ is just Pd running an
"external scheduler".

Is not that I have anything against your "JACK (freewheel)" approach,
just sharing some thought.

:)