[PD] In 2019 is there a way to detect mouse down/up?

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Thu Mar 14 10:42:18 CET 2019

Hi,

On 14/3/19 4:36 pm, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> On 14.03.19 03:46, Chris McCormick wrote:
>> Is there a way in a Pd [vanilla] patch to detect a mouse-down and
>> mouse-up event in non-edit mode? So for example to build a GUI which
>> works like a hardware keyboard key. Pressing it down mean on, letting go
>> means off.
>
> weirdo keyboard that is used with an arrow that is controlled by a
> mouse. for hardware keyboards, i prefer [key] and [keyup].

Maybe slightly less weirdo on a touch screen.

I won't compromise the aesthetics of what I am building with a hardware
keyboard.

> having said that, you can use data-structures to create an area that
> reacts responds to clicks.

Excellent, I did not know that struct outputs a click event, thank you.

I am hoping for some way to also receive the mouse-up event. I will see
about a patch to struct.

> keep in mind that it is not touch sensitive.

What do you mean by this? It only responds to mouse events and not touch
events? Even on platforms where touch emulates a mouse click? This is
quite confusing.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
https://mccormick.cx/

Sign up to my newsletter to hear about tech I'm building.
https://mccormick.cx/subscribe