[PD] Mute certain partials (sigmund~)?

William Brent william.brent at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 16:21:37 CET 2019

If you're open to other processing options, I made an extern a while back
that does FFT filtering relative to harmonic numbers. You feed it a signal
and the continuous MIDI pitch output from [sigmund~], and then based on
scalar values from a table you can boost/cut the amplitude of any given
harmonic by index. I haven't maintained it at all, but you can get the
source, help, and win/mac binaries here:

http://williambrent.conflations.com/pages/research.html#pitchEnv

That should give you the effect you want if I'm understanding you right.
But if you specifically want to stick with analysis/resynthesis using
[sigmund~], I gave a shot at a solution that produces mute/play flags for
each [sigmund~] "track" by index. I did use [tabletool] from the timbreID
library for a nearest value search in a table, and batch freq/MIDI
conversion. But if you install timbreID you can try this out. I just did
the logic to produce the mute/play flags, so there's more work to do
sorting how to apply them.

I may fold something like this into the next version of my [sigmund~]
companion oscillator bank [martha~], so if I do I'll let you know!

William