[PD] Gem 0.94 - camera settings on windows ...

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Apr 3 20:17:29 CEST 2019

On 3/31/19 10:24 AM, oliver wrote:
> IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
>> On 3/5/19 6:33 PM, oliver wrote:
>>> thanks for any hints
>>
>> i've created a ticket at [228].
>> i've also did a bit of **totally untested** hacking, that might make the
>> "dimen" message work.
>
> nope, sorry !

> PD 0.49(64bit) / Windows 7 (64bit) / Gem ver: 0.94.git v0.94
>
> with the latest windows Gem from deken [pix_video] now doesn't work at
> all anymore. on opening its helppatch the console just says:
>
> [pix_video]: no video backends found!

i also got this, but...

> and no camera is captured.

... capturing nevertheless works (in my recent test builds)

i'm sure i tested it before uploading the 0.94 release.

what's the experience of others?

also: i finally got around to testing my new code on a Win10 VM, and i
am happy to report that it does work as expected (that is: i can now
change the resolution of the captured video).
only resolutions that the camera supports are supported though (so
there's now additional rescaling involved).

my new builds also seem to work for 32bit Pd (without crashing), but
only when started from an MSYS2 shell (and *not* when starting Pd the
usual way).

gfmards
IOhannes