[PD] Getting 32 bit floating point number from 4 sequential bytes

Arda Eden ardaeden at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 15:00:21 CEST 2019

Hi,
I am trying to write a Pure Data external for getting real time motion
capture values from an Xsens system. According to the manual (
https://xsens.com/download/usermanual/3DBM/MVN_real-time_network_streaming_protocol_specification.pdf),
the x, y and z coordinates of the skeleton segment positions are
transferred over network (udp) as sequential 4 bytes (32 bit floating point
- big endian).

I am reading the udp data with [netreceive] succesfully and able to reach
any value I need.  Now trying to find a way to combine these (big endian)
sequential 4 bytes in order to get the resulting 32 bit floating point
number. A little advice would speed me up.

By the way, I studied the [oscparse] source. It was very helpful in most
ways but also a little complicated too.

Thanks already.

--
Arda EDEN