[PD] Implementing compressor as a patch?

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 21:44:23 CEST 2019

On Mon, 2019-04-08 at 15:01 -0300, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
>  Apparently, my approach is the same as
> > the other examples provided here.

I wouldn't say so. The one I posted differs in that it doesn't average
the side-chain signal. Also, from what I understand, the rampsmooth~
object creates linear ramps while my compressor uses [rpole~] which
generates "curved" ramps, more akin to a condenser being filled and
depleted in an analog circuit.

I'm not aware of any totally different designs from what has been
posted here. Obviously, they are similar to some degree. So, I'm not
quite understanding what 'sameness' level you're talking about.

Also, yours and Chris' differs quite substantially in that yours keeps
everything in the signal domain while e_master.pd does the gain
calculation in message domain.

Roman