[PD] Implementing compressor as a patch?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 21:59:21 CEST 2019

Em seg, 8 de abr de 2019 às 16:44, Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> I'm not quite understanding what 'sameness' level you're talking about.

I consider these examples all following the same structure/approach. The
differences are nothing but different options inside the structure, like
using a Peak over RMS detection (in my design, by the way, I'm thinking
about offering both options set by the user).

Well, I just followed my intuition and I was wondering if other designs
followed a quite different approach altogether. I still consider these
options kind of simple, as we don't have a 'knee' parameter, for instance.

Anyway, I'll keep looking more into compressor design, and I'll try and
check some source codes, diagrams and literature out there. I'm kinda happy
with what I'm getting with this design from my first tests, but it still
seems kinda cheap :)

thanks

ps. Roman, why does your patch have a [- 2.5] dB correction for the
threshold parameter?