[PD] sending patch + folder to PDParty

enrike altern2 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 14:18:33 CEST 2019

>> I tried with a zip but it does not work. It just opens each of the
>> files in the zip.
>
> Does "it just opens each of the files in the zip" mean the OS unzips the
> zip file and then calls PdParty for each patch or does it mean that
> PdParty gets the zip and unzips it into the application directory but
> without a containing folder?

(sorry I dont use iPhone and I have to "steal" my partner's one to run
the tests) The mail program seems to unzip the zip and displays all the
files in the fip in a horizontal scroll list. I dont get to see PdParty
at all. It looks to me like PdParty does not get involved at all.

>> It would be great to have it working before the weekend. we have a
>> performance, but we can borrow an android phone. so there is no hurry,
>
> We'll see. In the meantime, I'm assuming you've read the section in the
> PdParty user guide about how copy patches onto a device? There is a
> built-in WebDAV server that facilitates this:
> http://danomatika.com/code/pdparty/guide#detailed-instructions If you're
> just deploying to a set number of devices once, this would work fine and
> is what I use mainly.

yeah I tried that as well. I could not connect to the phone, it did not
allow me. bear in mind that I am all the time jumping onto the iphone
when I see it around and "free" :) so it is quite difficult to be
methodic about running tests

>> but it would be great to find out how to do this.
>
> There is no "find how to do this." It either works or doesn't. If it
> doesn't, then I don't have the app configured correctly to tell the OS
> what files are associated with it. This did work a while ago, but
> perhaps something has changed in newer versions of iOS.

ok I am going to check too which version of iOS is running. I should
have done it the first time it failed.

thanks

enrike