[PD] patcher scripting using $0 ?

Joseph Larralde joseph.larralde at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 12:54:08 CEST 2019

Some years ago a good friend of mine showed me a folder of patches named
"pd-msg", and we had fun with it.
When trying to find it back, a quick internet search led me there :
https://puredata.info/community/pdwiki/PdInternalMessages
It seems it's from the pd-extended days, but doesn't mention [namecanvas]
Apart from that, it still looks like a good reference for patcher
scripting ...

Le 10/04/19 à 12:00, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at a écrit :
> Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 09:46:46 +0200
> From: IOhannes m zmoelnig<zmoelnig at iem.at>
> To:pd-list at lists.iem.at
> Subject: Re: [PD] patcher scripting using $0 ?
>
> On 10.04.19 02:35, Joseph Larralde wrote:
>> Looks like I still need to catch up with latest pd improvements.
> so much to read, so little time:-)
Indeed :)
I suppose digging in the list archive would have given me the answer ...
Please excuse my laziness.
> i did a quick check, and Pd-0.25 contained a helppatch for [namecanvas],
> which demonstrates that it basically worked the same as it still does.
> (i don't remember whether you could use $0 back then; if so, then only
> at the beginning of a symbol, e.g. "$0-foo" but not "foo.$0")
So it was just under my nose all that time (sigh)
> fgmadrt
> IOhannes
Thanks again,
Joseph