[PD] Bug Report/Feature Request: trigger should work like pack

William Huston williamahuston at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 22:05:30 CEST 2019

Someone on the Facebook group was asking why [t 30 50 90] does not work as
expected. Considering how [pack] works, I tend to agree.

I propose to change trigger as follows:

   - 1: make literals work similar to [pack].
   If given a bang, then send the each literal to corresponding output.

   - 2: Allow [trigger] to accept a list. If there is one element, then
   distribute to all "f" | "floats" as the present behavior. If there are
   multiple elements, then distribute similar to pack.

   This illustrates the problem:[image: pure data trigger floats2.jpg]

IMHO, this would be much more intuitive (to make pack and trigger behave
similarly), and also it would make trigger much more useful.

Thoughts?
BH

William Huston:  WilliamAHuston at gmail.com
Binghamton NY

*Public Service Mapping / Videography / Research / Education / Safety
Advocacy*
Blog <http://WilliamAHuston.blogspot.com> -- Facebook
<http://facebook.com/billhuston> -- Twitter
<http://twitter.com/WilliamAHuston>-- Youtube
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGijK1amWOLglT3YeTyEBNQ?sub_congfirmation=1>
*Document collections*: VirtualPipelines
<http://TinyURL.com/VirtualPipelines> -- BHDCSDimockArchive
<http://bit.ly/BHDCSDimockArchive>
*Please support my work! -- *TinyURL.com/DonateToBillHuston