[PD] Bug Report/Feature Request: trigger should work like pack

William Huston williamahuston at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 00:11:48 CEST 2019

Well if it breaks things, then that is a problem.

However, I think that sending a list to
[t l l l], and replicating the list to each output would have very few
applications. I would like to see a patch where someone is using this
feature.

Anyway, that is not my use case.

My use case is

a) literals in [t] not working the same between [pack] with similar looking
syntax (as illustrated), and

b) sending a list to [t f f f]. Distributing the list to each float seems
rather useful, and changing the behavior as I suggested would be harmless,
except in the odd case where someone has a patch, sending trigger a list,
yet EXPECTS all values in the list to be dropped except the first element,
which is distributed to each float.

The only ambigutity I can in accepting my change would be the case of using
BOTH lists and floats (or literals) in a single [t].  I honestly cannot
imagine a programmer doing this.

But then just model existing behavior.

Requested change:

If trigger's arguments contains *any* lists, then model existing behavior.

If trigger's arguments contains only floats (or string literals) and no
lists, then

a) if the input is a single value, model existing behavior.

b) if the input is a list, then distribute to floats and literals similar
to pack.

BH