[PD] Bug Report/Feature Request: trigger should work like pack

William Huston williamahuston at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 02:06:49 CEST 2019

unpack does not guarantee sequence, as does trigger.

It's not really "my" use case. I saw the post on FB about why [t 10 66 -100
3000] doesn't work as expected. That seems like a reasonable expectation
based on how [pack 10 66 -100 3000] works, and a useful feature.

Also giving a list to [t f f f f] seems like it should work like [pack f f
f f].

I am just saying that such irregularities and special cases in a language
given similar syntax (as with English!) make it more difficult to learn,
use, and master.

Whereas a language like Perl, things just seem to work as you would expect
them to, based on similar patterns. You can often guess at the syntax and
things just work, as opposed to learning a bunch of special cases.

I think given present behavior, [t 35] should throw an error to the
console.

But I would prefer the change requested.

BH