[PD] Directory of opened patch

Philip Stone pkstone at ucdavis.edu
Thu Apr 18 16:35:20 CEST 2019

I’m trying to figure out how to use [loadpanel] to load a data file from a subdirectory of a patch, and I’m trying to make this patch and its auxiliary files distributable, so I don’t want to have to use absolute paths.

I’ve searched the archives on this, and there was a recent discussion about how passing [symbol .(  to [loadpanel] didn’t open the filesystem at a particularly useful (or at least, consistent between platforms) starting directory. What I understand from that discussion is that there is still no way to obtain the current patch’s starting directory to enable relative-path loading. Is that correct?

If not in vanilla, are there any externals?

Phil Stone
UC Davis