[PD] 'Find externals' under Wine

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Apr 29 15:42:55 CEST 2019

On 29.04.19 14:39, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> so the problem is, that on windows we need to run a VBScript to do the
> actual unzipping. but wine doesn't support VBScripts out of the box.
>
> a bit of duckduckgoing gave me [1].
> after installing "wsh57", i get a bit further: while Pd/deken still
> doesn't properly unzip the package, at least it notices the failure and
> opens the file explorer at the installation location, prompting the user
> to manually unzip the file (with a number of missing linebreaks...)

one issue that prevents me from properly fixing the problem is, that i
currently have no indication of whether the VBScript unzip (as used on
windows, and non-functional on wine) succeeds or not (even if "wsh57" is
not installed).

in the meantime i've added a deken-preference flag that prevents the
downloaded package file from being deleted after a "successfull"
installation.
  https://github.com/pure-data/deken/

gfmdrt
IOhannes