[PD] 'Find externals' under Wine

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 19:23:25 CEST 2019

On Mon, 2019-04-29 at 15:42 +0200, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> On 29.04.19 14:39, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> >
> > so the problem is, that on windows we need to run a VBScript to do
> > the
> > actual unzipping. but wine doesn't support VBScripts out of the
> > box.
> >
> > a bit of duckduckgoing gave me [1].
> > after installing "wsh57", i get a bit further: while Pd/deken still
> > doesn't properly unzip the package, at least it notices the failure
> > and
> > opens the file explorer at the installation location, prompting the
> > user
> > to manually unzip the file (with a number of missing linebreaks...)
>
> one issue that prevents me from properly fixing the problem is, that
> currently have no indication of whether the VBScript unzip (as used
> on
> windows, and non-functional on wine) succeeds or not (even if "wsh57"
> is
> not installed).

After installing wsh57, the windows explorer pops up and the downloaded
file is not deleted. This makes installing already much easier. I
wonder if extracting fails because the downloaded file is renamed:

osc[v0.2~git20181006](Windows-amd64-32).dek ->
osc[v0.2~git20181006](Windows-amd64-32).dek.zip

Somewhere a .zip extension is appended to filename, .zip files end up
with .zip.zip.

> in the meantime i've added a deken-preference flag that prevents the
> downloaded package file from being deleted after a "successfull"
> installation.
>   https://github.com/pure-data/deken/

Thanks for that and also for having a look at this in general. I use Pd
in Wine purely for testing, so I can easily live with the current
situation. But it's good to know the reason why Wine is different from
Windows.

Roman