[PD] patch scroll bars

Philip Stone pkstone at ucdavis.edu
Thu May 2 19:23:01 CEST 2019

Ah, I see that Roman and Dan Wilcox were discussing this back in September. It seems to be one of those thorny UI problems that is hard to solve.

From: Philip Stone <pkstone at ucdavis.edu>
Date: Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 9:48 AM
To: "pd-list at lists.iem.at" <pd-list at lists.iem.at>
Subject: patch scroll bars

In the last few versions of Pd (on OS X at least -- I can’t speak for the other platforms), the behavior of patch window scrollbars seems somewhat confusing. It used to be easy to size a patch window so that there would be no scrollbars, but now I can’t figure out what the trick is to do that. Sometimes the scrollbars appear, sometimes they don’t. Resizing the patch window sometimes makes them disappear, only to have them re-appear on the next time the patch is opened.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Phil Stone
UC Davis