[PD] patch scroll bars

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Thu May 2 21:04:32 CEST 2019

You may want to consider trying pd-l2ork which always provides minimal
amount of necessary scrollbars for the patch to be fully visible.
Further, it offers easy per-patch-window way to hide menu, scrollbars,
and disabling resizing of the window.

Best,

Ico

On 5/2/2019 1:23 PM, Philip Stone wrote:

> Ah, I see that Roman and Dan Wilcox were discussing this back in
> September. It seems to be one of those thorny UI problems that is hard
> to solve.
>
> *From: *Philip Stone <pkstone at ucdavis.edu>
> *Date: *Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 9:48 AM
> *To: *"pd-list at lists.iem.at" <pd-list at lists.iem.at>
> *Subject: *patch scroll bars
>
> In the last few versions of Pd (on OS X at least -- I can’t speak for
> the other platforms), the behavior of patch window scrollbars seems
> somewhat confusing. It used to be easy to size a patch window so that
> there would be no scrollbars, but now I can’t figure out what the
> trick is to do that. Sometimes the scrollbars appear, sometimes they
> don’t. Resizing the patch window sometimes makes them disappear, only
> to have them re-appear on the next time the patch is opened.
>
> Has anybody else noticed this?
>
> Phil Stone
>
> UC Davis

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Director, Creativity + Innovation
Institute for Creativity, Arts, and Technology

Virginia Tech
Creative Technologies in Music
School of Performing Arts – 0141
Blacksburg, VA 24061