[PD] Full stop '.' in class namespace

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun May 12 01:14:07 CEST 2019

 > On Saturday, May 11, 2019, 1:16:16 PM PDT, katja <katjavetter at gmail.com> wrote:

 > On 5/11/19, Jonathan Wilkes via Pd-list <pd-list at lists.iem.at> wrote:
[...]
>> 1. A cautious user will always leverage Pd's general collision avoidance by
>> prefixing your library's directory
>> name in the object box.

> Does prefixing with libdir name avoid collision?> Is it the case that Pd can have classes like [cyclone/svf~] and [bsaylor/svf~] loaded > simultaneously?

Does every supported PD platform allow you to a) dynamically load an object that defines a previously defined symbol and b) search for a symbol starting from the last loaded object and going up the dependency chain to the containing object?

If the answer to both is yes, then the answer to your question is yes. If not, then we're forever stuck with "pddp/pddplink" and friends. (Unless there's a way to use something like the gcc constructor attribute on all platforms.)
-Jonathan