[PD] Full stop '.' in class namespace

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Sun May 12 09:27:22 CEST 2019

> So why aren't all (or at least nearly all) external developers simply using "setup" as the entry point?

yes, I've asked that myself and I think they just could. Have a look at the Max part of pd~: the setup function is simply called 'main'.

Gesendet: Sonntag, 12. Mai 2019 um 03:28 Uhr
Von: "Jonathan Wilkes" <jancsika at yahoo.com>
An: "Christof Ressi" <christof.ressi at gmx.at>
Cc: Pd-List <pd-list at lists.iem.at>
Betreff: Re: Aw: Re: Re: [PD] Full stop '.' in class namespace

> On Saturday, May 11, 2019, 5:47:17 PM PDT, Christof Ressi <christof.ressi at gmx.at> wrote:

> ok, I don't see a problem here. the only symbol a Pd external exports (or should export) is the setup function - which is retrieved "manually" with GetProcAddress / dlsym. In theory all Pd externs could have the same setup function, at least on the platforms I know... Note that for example VST plugins all export the same entry point and it seems to work fine :-)

Not just in theory, but in practice at line 253 of s_loader.c

So why aren't all (or at least nearly all) external developers simply using "setup" as the entry point?
-Jonathan