[PD] Full stop '.' in class namespace

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun May 12 17:33:09 CEST 2019

 > On Sunday, May 12, 2019, 10:58:52 AM EDT, Christof Ressi <christof.ressi at gmx.at> wrote:

 >> that allows it to be built both as a single binary *or* with one class per binary.
 > ah, of course that makes sense. >> with multi-binary style I can do [declare -lib foo/bar] whereas with the single-binary style that won't work. > I'm not sure I understand. Can give an example?
That's the libdir prefix logic. Say I have a "foo" library where one of many binaries inside "extra/foo/" is named bar.pd_linux. Then I can do [declare -lib foo/bar] to load that library.
On the other hand, if "foo" was compiled as a single binary with many classes inside it, then there is just "extra/foo/foo.pd_linux." In that case [declare -lib foo/bar] won't work.
Theoretically you could have a loader branch that would look for the "foo" binary in that case, load it, and then search for a "bar_setup" routine. But that's getting pretty damned complicated. And without a spec for what the loader is supposed to be doing in the first place I'd be hesitant to add that.