[PD] Tips and hints for getting a book deal on Pd.

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat May 18 17:55:49 CEST 2019

Hi folks, I think it's time now that I sit and start getting my Pd book
project out there. Maybe some of you have seen my live electronics tutorial
that I'm working on. It's still in a beta phase and relies heavily on my
development in the ELSE library, which is also im active development and
still in an experimental beta phase. I have hopes to put out a stable final
release of ELSE sometime this year. When this happens, the tutorial will
also have a final and stable release but along with it I have plans to also
publish a book, where the examples from the tutorial are part of the book.
The biggest obstacle and priority now is getting a final release of ELSE
ready...

Anyway, I never published a book before and I'm a bit clueless on how it
goes. I also have zero contacts with any publisher or editor. I wonder if
anyone here would have hints on how to proceed, what kind of deal should I
go for, how to approach, etc...

I would like this publication to have academic value, and that people could
get the book on amazon and stuff.

thanks
Alex