[PD] GEM camera input unavailable

Dana Moser rosalux at curiousart.org
Mon May 20 16:39:33 CEST 2019

Hi.
Thanks for your reply.
Yes. In fact that blog post is the perfect example, as it shows a
screenshot of how all the other apps that use the camera input
(Processing, Max...) behave: I get a request from the system
asking me if the application has my permission to use the
camera. In launching Pd or using Gem patches, this never happens.
And it's just never available.
This is why my colleague thinks camera input with Pd broke because
of a Mac OS security change that isn't being handled properly.
Again, is _anyone_ able to get live camera input to work with
Pd/Gem on Mac OSX >10.13?
Thanks again!
-Dana

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2018/08/16/howto-mac-camera-microphone-permission/