[PD] https get in Pd

oliver oliver at klingt.org
Wed May 22 16:00:37 CEST 2019

>> WINDOWS: [system] (in the "motex" library)
>> LINUX & OSX: [shell] (in the "ggee" library)

> Yes, you can, but it is not portable (as it requires different
> solutions depending on platform) and requires additional filesystem
> interactions. Using [shell] (or [system] for that matter) has all kinds
> of side effects, like [shell] searches scripts relative to Pd start
> location instead of relative to Pd patch. I wouldn't recommend using
> those

you are right, it's more like a workaround/hack in case nothing else
works. and it involves some tweaking, that's true.

for the purpose of http-downloading, one would also need a 3rd party
commandline program like "wget" (at least for windows, as it's not native).

anyway, i just thought i'd add this method to the suggestions.

best

oliver