[PD] https get in Pd

Martin Peach chakekatzil at gmail.com
Wed May 22 21:59:15 CEST 2019

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 11:27 AM Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2019-05-22 at 10:22 -0400, Martin Peach wrote:
> > I was looking into making a [httpsget]  external but the whole TLS
> > thing seems very difficult.
> > For my purposes on linux I use [shell] with wget to save the data to
> > a file, then open it with [binfile].
> > I was wondering if there is some cross-platform library to do the ssh
>
> I guess you mean SSL/TLS

Yes.

> , as I'm sure implementing it from scratch would take forever and be
> > very error-prone. Not to mention doing it using vanilla objects....
>
> I don't see why someone would have to do the work, it's already done:
>
> ♥♥♥ purest_json ♥♥♥
>
> It does proper TLS and is cross-platform. Deken has binaries for
> Windows-i386 and they work, I just tested it (on Wine).

...but deken does not have it for 64bit Windows it seems. I never seem to
have the right installation ;(
Looking at the git (
https://github.com/residuum/PuRestJson/blob/master/Makefile)
there sem to be a lot of libraries involved. The makefile has:

define forWindows
ldlibs += -lpthread -lm -lwldap32 -lgnutls -lhogweed -lgmp -lssl -lnettle \
-lssh2 -lgcrypt -lgpg-error -lcrypto -lws2_32 -lgdi32 -lcrypt32 \
-lz -lunistring -lidn -lintl -liconv

It does look easier to just use Python for that stuff and let Pd do what
it's good at.

Martin