[PD] Advice on PD versions for classroom deployment

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Fri May 24 19:21:15 CEST 2019

personally, I would just go with Pd vanilla. Although it's not considered good practice, you can just throw all the libraries into the extra folder and you basically get something very similar to Pd extended. Students just have to unzip it and can run it anywhere. Note that Pd extended automagically added all library folders to the search paths and loaded all libraries on startup, but with Pd vanilla you have to do that either explicitly per patch with [declare] or use a Pd preference file.

I'm usually not advocating this, but for your situation it will probably be the easiest solution.

Christof