[PD] tabread4~ interpolation revisited

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Sun Jun 2 17:46:39 CEST 2019

> bleeding from the interpolation artefacts audible in almost every second
> composition.

in your specific cases, are the artifacts really caused by the interpolation scheme or rather a product of indexing [tabread4~] with large floats (instead of using the second inlet)?

if it is really the interpolation, would you mind sharing sound examples? I'm genuinely curious.

> At that time a lot of list members agreed that it might be great to
> switch interpolation algorithms in tabread4~ with an argument or
> message to the object.

Sounds like a nice feature!

Only tangentially related, but we might want to add a [rate( message for [tabplay~]. [tabplay~] can play arbitrarly large arrays without precision issues while with [tabread4~] this is only possible with complicated abstractions. I've made my personal version of [tabplay~] which allows to change the playback speed at message rate and I've found it *very* useful.

Christof