[PD] tabread4~ interpolation revisited

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Mon Jun 3 11:19:06 CEST 2019

Dear Christof, dear list,

* Christof Ressi <christof.ressi at gmx.at> [2019-06-02 17:46]:
> > bleeding from the interpolation artefacts audible in almost every second
> > composition.
>
> in your specific cases, are the artifacts really caused by the interpolation scheme or rather a product of indexing [tabread4~] with large floats (instead of using the second inlet)?
I have to apologize, yes the artifacts were produced by the indexing
indeed. It turned out that 90 seconds into a 120 seconds file at 44k1
would already be too much for tabread4~'s indexing. Sorry for the noise,
will use the second inlet from now on. And make a promise to myself to
write a wrapper around tabread4~

> Only tangentially related, but we might want to add a [rate( message for [tabplay~]. [tabplay~] can play arbitrarly large arrays without precision issues while with [tabread4~] this is only possible with complicated abstractions. I've made my personal version of [tabplay~] which allows to change the playback speed at message rate and I've found it *very* useful.
Interesting! How do you do that? Would you mind sharing an example?

Thanks!
Peter