[PD] less intelligent patching for Pd

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jun 12 09:59:41 CEST 2019

On 08.06.19 19:04, Maximiliano Estudies wrote:
> If I press tab the connection jumps to the next
> inlet, but when I release the mouse it still connects to the inlet that's
> nearer to the mouse,

this quite directly relates to my initial mail.

On 05.06.19 16:08, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> Cycling inlets doesn't work on OSX.

the problem being that i haven't found a way to move the mouse pointer
under OSX.
my refined attempt to fix the problem was to just tell the GUI to do
move the mouse pointer, hoping that if it cannot do that no harm will be
done.
it turns out, that the attempt to move the mouse pointer makes Pd report
that the mouse pionter wsa indeed moved (to the next inlet), so the
cords are updated. but when you release the mouse button (to do the
actual connection), the unmoved position is reported, and Pd will take
*that* position to determine the inlet to connect to :-(

fgmasdr
IOhannes