[PD] less intelligent patching for Pd

Maximiliano Estudies maxiestudies at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 13:49:21 CEST 2019

for me it is not really a problem as, if I still haven't released the mouse
and I want to connect to another inlet, I can just move the mouse. I guess
it is still frustrating, and I like the idea of using the mouse as little
as possible. Thanks for the work, it's all very cool!

Maxi

El mié., 12 jun. 2019 a las 10:01, IOhannes m zmoelnig (<zmoelnig at iem.at>)
escribió:

> On 08.06.19 19:04, Maximiliano Estudies wrote:
> > If I press tab the connection jumps to the next
> > inlet, but when I release the mouse it still connects to the inlet that's
> > nearer to the mouse,
>
> this quite directly relates to my initial mail.
>
> On 05.06.19 16:08, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> > Cycling inlets doesn't work on OSX.
>
> the problem being that i haven't found a way to move the mouse pointer
> under OSX.
> my refined attempt to fix the problem was to just tell the GUI to do
> move the mouse pointer, hoping that if it cannot do that no harm will be
> done.
> it turns out, that the attempt to move the mouse pointer makes Pd report
> that the mouse pionter wsa indeed moved (to the next inlet), so the
> cords are updated. but when you release the mouse button (to do the
> actual connection), the unmoved position is reported, and Pd will take
> *that* position to determine the inlet to connect to :-(
>
> fgmasdr
> IOhannes

Maximiliano Estudies
+49 176 36784771