[PD] hints on how to compile for mac PPC on an intel

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 00:55:41 CEST 2019

On 6/12/19, Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I thought I had taken care of every platform when compiling my
> externals, but there's still PPC to go :)
>
> Any hints on how to compile for mac PPC on an intel mac?

What archs are supported depends on XCode version in the first place,
and the XCode version in turn is to an extent related to OSX version.
Somewhere during the lifetime of OSX 10.6, support for PPC was
discontinued if I remember correctly. Current pdlibbuilder by default
tries to build the fattest possible pd binaries (PPC i386 x86_64) on
OSX i386. Best chances to get all the archs are with OSX 10.5 and the
XCode versions supplied with that system.

Katja