[PD] help with armv6 vs armv7 test in raspberry pi

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jun 13 09:25:10 CEST 2019

On 13.06.19 09:12, Joey Dodson wrote:
> I just got Pd running on my Pi 3.

$ apt-get install puredata

hooray!

> I do have Pi Zero Ws as well, but I'm not
> using them for audio. I wouldn't mind testing anything you like, however I
> would need help with two things a) installing else without the GUI (I
> haven't figured this out yet)

1) with X-forwarding you can run an application with GUI on a headless
Rpi0 and have it displayed on your main machine.

2) there's a 'deken' cmdline tool that allows you to also
find/download/install packages from the ... cmdline.
however, the version in Debian/stretch (and thus raspbian), which you
would get by running 'apt-get install deken', is too old for this.
to manually install the tool, follow the instructions at [1].

and b) let me know what you would like to
> test. If you happen to have some patches that can run autonomously for
> example, then I will happily see how they run.

+1

btw, i think alex is mostly interested in benchmarks of the armv6
binaries on the RPi3 as compared to the armv7 binaries. (we already know
that the armv7 binaries will **not work** on the RPi0; and that the
armv6 binaries should run fine on the RPi0).
if alex is not mostly interested in them, then *i* am :-)

fgmasdr
IOhannes

[1] https://github.com/pure-data/deken/blob/master/developer/README.md