[PD] Installing libraries/externals via terminal or using -nogui

Joey Dodson joey.dodson3 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 11:04:37 CEST 2019

Lucas,

I had tk installed, so that was not the issue with X11 forwarding. I tested
some other programs, like xterm and they also had issues, which I was able
to track down to needing to set X11UseLocalhost no on the Rpi. I am now
able to get X11 forwarding for xterm, but it's still not working for Pd.
Here are the errors I'm getting:

$ pd -lib zexy -open testaudio.pd
X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource
denied)
  Major opcode of failed request:  18 (X_ChangeProperty)
  Serial number of failed request:  12

I thought it was permissions related, so I tried:

$ sudo pd -lib zexy -open testaudio.pd
application-specific initialization failed: couldn't connect to display
"raspberrypi:10.0"