[PD] Sensel Morph object development

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Fri Jun 14 12:12:36 CEST 2019

I have a Sensel Morph and is a great device with an outstanding z-axis
sensitivity. It comes with an app (unfortunately Mac/Win only) which
lets you set the control type. [1]
That way the sensel can act like a keyboard to the computer, or a MIDI
device or a MIDI MPE device, etc.
This is a powerful concept which allows to integrate the device in many
different software environments without the need for a software adapter
or plugin.
This means the sensel morph is already usable and more than useful with
Pd as is. When looking at the API level features [2] it's clear however
that there is way more information available which can't be accessed
through layers like MIDI, even with MPE extensions.
Here is where the external would be very welcome.
The functionality could be modeled after the existing max external(-s?)
[3], [4] however they don't seem to be open source as far as I can see.
Peter Nyboer wants some discussion about the specs of such Pd external.
 From my point of view it would be nice if it would adhere to current
development tools like the lib builder [5] and be available via deken
(and apt on linux).
 From sensel I would wish their app would be available for linux or at
least there would be a way to change the morph control type from within
linux. I also miss an OpenSoundControl control type.

m.

[1] https://guide.sensel.com/app/#control-types
[2] https://guide.sensel.com/api/#api-data-output-description
[3] https://cycling74.com/articles/content-you-need-sensel