[PD] Pd/Gem crashes at launch (pylon)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jun 19 14:53:11 CEST 2019

On 13.06.19 18:05, Csaba Láng wrote:
> dylib loading file '/usr/lib/puredata/extra/Gem/gem_videoPYLON.so'!
> Pd: signal 6
>
> What should I do, how can I make a fresh clean install? Already apt-get
> remove it and installed from the Ubuntu Software, but tnothing has changed.
> Downgraded my pylon driver to 5.0 which worked properly before, but pd
> crashes all the time.
> Please advice, life without puredata sucks!

:-)

immediate remedy:
remove the "/usr/lib/puredata/extra/Gem/gem_videoPYLON.so" file.

i'd be interested in getting a backtrace of the crash.
i'd have expected Pylon to be either binary compatible (for minor
releases) OR to rename their libraries so that appications using an
older SDK would fail to load (rather than crash).

fgsdmft
IOhannes