[PD] Pd/Gem crashes at launch (pylon)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jun 19 15:19:59 CEST 2019

On 19.06.19 15:03, Csaba Láng wrote:
> did not have any better idea, had to make a fresh install of my system,
> meanwhile upgraded to Ubuntu 19.04 and convinced myself that something has
> been changed in the pylon official installer, and 5.2 is not compatible
> with the pluginPylon in Gem.

i just installed Pylon5.2, and i got:
* the gem_videoPYLON.so plugin (compiled against 5.0.12) doesn't load at
all (because Basler correctly changed the name of the dynamic libraries,
becaus they probably introduced incompatibilities)
** the important part here is, that i don't get any crash with old
plugin and new Pylon
* compiling videoPYLON against Pylon5.2 worked nicely
* i can open the Pylon dummy device (PYLON_CAMEMU=2) nicely with Pylon5.2
** the important part here is, that i don't get any crash with new
plugin and new Pylon

so from my perspective, there does't seem to a be a problem :-(
otoh, i could only test with a dummy devices, and not with a real device
(you probably need to update some firmwares on your devices...)

asr
IOhannes